Colour 4 Everyone
Colour 4 Everyone
Founded to benefit local children and the celebration of colour, to encourage groups in the community to identify their local need and to provide solutions by raising funds through sponsorship and competitions using colour in creative ways on 21 st June the colour4everyone annual colour day.
colour4everyone encourages people to come together every year on 21st June for a fun day with a serious aim, working with colour in guided creative ways, to raise money for the benefit of local children.
There are no barriers, the day is for everyone, it is the first time an annual colour event has been formed exclusively for the benefit of local children globally.
Our task is huge, our aim, a globally recognized annual colour day, 21st June
Our intent, to promote the day widely, to provide free downloads, to support with creative ideas and encouragement to help make the day a success.
We do not handle monies for fund raisers, we ask you pay the proceeds direct.
If you choose to benefit the childrens charities we have identified below the charities have each provided secure payment links.
How do you get the money you have raised to the charity of your choice? by clicking through from the highlighted links found beneath each charity listed below.
As we evolve we will compare alternative payment methods for you, to achieve an easy one payment system.
What is colour4everyone day?
An annual event to raise money for local children and to celebrate colour.
Bringing the fun, inspirational and creative use of colour to a wider audience
and to highlight the positive mood enhancing benefits gained by working with colour
To provide a platform for the healing qualities of colour
To strengthen good relations in the community
"So often taken for granted , colour is powerful and profound; and plays an integral part in everyone's life and overall well-being. Everywhere we look we see colour, nature is abundant with glorious colour to remind us of the importance of colour in our lives, colour is used in every day language, in our environment, our dress, our pomp and ceremony, our choice of colourful food and even the musical keys are linked to colour and yet we often fail to harness it's wonderful healing qualities. Colour goes beyond words and visual impact. It is a universal language to be felt with the heart" June McLeod
"Mere colour, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways" Oscar Wilde
The theme will be Mandalas. The word mandala in Sanskrit means circle and centre. Mandalas are used for healing and meditation, dating back to ancient times. They also provide fun coupled with transformational and beneficial ways of working with colour. Through the use of colour in the mandala, you are able to gently release pent up emotions and bring balance back into your life.
Mandalas exist naturally within nature; they can be seen in nature in flowers, tree trunks, corals, shells, labyrinths, snowflakes and the solar system also in circular ripples in water as a raindrop falls, even the human eye is a mandala, to give just a few examples.
The Tibetan Monks create the most wonderful, vibrant and intricate mandalas out of fine particles of coloured sand. These sand mandalas form part of their spiritual practices aimed to bring peace and harmony to the world.
All ages can have fun with mandalas, especially children who love colouring, and at the same time benefit from the wonderful healing effects of both the mandala and colour.
There are 4 categories for creating mandalas:-
- Colouring In - Download the free mandala to colour in
- Sand Mandala - Create a sand mandala (like the Tibetan Monks mentioned above) using the downloaded mandala on which to place the coloured sand.
- Collage - Create a 'natural' mandala collage out of items you find in nature, eg leaves, flowers, shells, feathers, pebbles etc.
- Photography - Take photographs of natural mandalas, eg. flowers, shells, water etc.
Ideas for Raising Monies for Charity
We suggest monies can be raised in two ways:-
- Run a competition obtaining an entry fee from the participants wanting to create a mandala and then offering a prize for the winner of the best completed mandala from each of the 4 categories listed above.
- Getting sponsorship for creating a mandala.
Ideas for Organising Colour Day
Once you've decided on your choice of how to raise money think about how you can get participants involved, e.g:-
- Gather together your friends, family, colleagues and members of your community to take part or sponsor you
- Schools and nurseries can arrange competitions for colouring in the downloaded mandala or creating a mandala as listed above from one of the four categories
- Mandalas can be either created individually or by groups, depending on their size
- Encourage older children to go out into the country to take photos to enter into the competition and/or to find items for creating a natural mandala collage.
- Its meant to be a fun day so ensure everyone enjoys themselves
- Dont forget to take phtotgraphs of your events, the participants and winning mandalas so that they can be posted on our website, there will be pages created for all images.
The following documents are provided here for you to download.
Text only : 07760393611
- Colour 4 Everyone Blank Mandala
- Colour 4 Everyone Sponsorship Form
- Colour 4 Everyone Competition Entry Fee Form
What to do now
Please note the correct and updated colour4everyone contact text only number : Tel: 07760393611
Dont forget to take photographs of your events and winning mandalas
After each Colour 4 Everyone annual event please share your feedback and news with us. We would like to receive your photos of mandalas and participants, and details of your competitions and sponsorships so that they might be displayed on our website.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Images to be in Jpeg and in small size for uploading.
We trust the colour4everyone annual event will benefit many and highlight the importance of colour in our lives.
Email newsletters for latest colour therapy healing news, products and training:
Colour 4 Everyone - the annual celebration of colour day held on 21st June.